Saturday, November 28, 2009

We put up the Christmas tree today and I was amazed at how fast London became stressed and over stimulated. Kelly brought in our little people nativity and the pieces of our prelit tree and London was pinging!

As Kelly was putting the tree together I pointed out to him London was getting more and more overstimulated. Kelly stopped and put London on his lap and started talking calm to him. London's whole body was shaking. I did not expect him to get stimulated to this extent. We had prepped the boys about the decorations and tree, but I guess it was not enough.

He became even more uncoordinated, his moves were jerky, and his chatter was rapid and non-stop. By the time bedtime came around Kelly and I were exhausted!

I tried to read the boys a story and they were all pinging and could not focus. I put the book down and started doing deep pressure pushing from elbow to wrist and then ankle to knee. Amazingly enough it worked on all three and they were able to focus on the story. London was able to stop chattering that he had not been able to control all day. Interesting...

No comments: