Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today I am getting sneaky in the kitchen!


Yesterday, I made a vegetarian chili and today I decided to add some pureed spinach to it for lunch. I am having a hard time getting good veggies into my kids so I thought I'd see if they noticed.

While I was heating the chili in a pan I put the spinach in the blender with a 1/2 cup cold chili and blended away.

When the chili was heated, but not boiling I added the spinach/chili mixture and heated until just warm. This way the nutrients do not get cooked out and the taste of the spinach was undetected.

"Mmm, YUMMY!" Says the boy who will not eat green!


I learned all my deceptiveness from Jessica Seinfeld and you can too in her cookbook Deceptively Delicious!



2 comments:

cara said...

i have this book too!
looks like you have been bitten by the 'eat real good' bug too!

Jennifer said...

I have been bitten! I am trying really hard, but the junk food is calling my name. I'm sure it will get better over time.