Monday, August 04, 2008

I survived!!!

Today was my first day home alone with all three children and it went well. My children were cranky/grieving and defiant and I kept cool and took care of business. I also managed to keep up with the dishes, keep the house picked up, sit and play with the boys, take them outside twice, get them to nap on time AND had dinner on the table when Kelly walked in the door. Yeah, that’s right I went ahead and gave myself the title of supermom. We will see if I can keep that title tomorrow!

Kelly left for work this morning and I did not want him to go. I could feel the emotions coming on and I was hoping he would get out the door quick. Nope. He didn’t want to go either, so he kept lingering and then I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. He finally got out the door and had to come back in twice for stuff he forgot. The boys were so confused by the time he left. At 10am Kristofer started asking when papa was coming home. Holy cow, I heard that at LEAST once every hour!When Kelly did walk in the door it was so cute to see the joy and excitement on all three boy’s faces. They do love their papa.

Over all Kristofer did well today. We did have a couple of episodes of him being mean to his brothers. Once Igor started crying out of the blue. I asked Kristofer what happened and he told me Igor hit his hand on something. After I picked Igor up and loved on him and told him to be careful Kristofer admitted he did it. I thanked him for telling me the truth and explained how we need to be nice and kind to our brothers.

Sasha and Mama had another moment. He gave me his first open mouth wet sloppy kiss!! He has been giving them to Kelly for the past two weeks so it melted my heart even more. We are bonding!!!

I have noticed with Sasha that feeding time is a high anxiety time. I feed them out of the same bowl and alternate bites between them. Poor Sasha’s legs are going a hundred miles a minute and he is pulling on his tray trying to get at the bowl. At dinner I decided to try something different. I had Kelly feed Sasha at the opposite end of the table from me feeding Igor. Sasha is a much faster eater, but his anxiety level was very low. He still cried and threw a fit when it was over. Igor was able to eat at a much slower pace and I got him chewing a lot more than usual.

After dinner Kelly and I kept right on schedule of giving baths and putting the boys to bed. I gave Sasha his bath first by himself and he is improving little by little. He did not shake as much today and his crying was a little decreased. He still gets mad at the water spout and smacks at it. It is kinda funny.

All three boys were in bed by 7:20pm and asleep by 7:40pm. Mama is pleased with this day.

I'll leave you with this quote that I think is great.

"If we can experience another's mind in our own, we know that love is possible." --George Bowering

2 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

I'm so proud of you! SUPERMOM is definitely a fitting title! Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged if you do have a bad day, just start fresh every day! Post some pictures dog-gone-it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love hearing that your 1st day went well!
I know V was scared to take baths by herself for gosh 2-3 months. I toothem with her and then weaned her to a seat that spung around the in the bath that another KF mom gave to me as a gift before we traveled. Of course now she cant enough water!
Cara