Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Monday

We survived the medical clinic!!!

Today Jane picked us up and we went to purchase our return tickets from Rostov. After that we went to the American Medical Clinic in Moscow. I was so stressed even though I knew it was a non invasive exam. When they were ready to draw blood I was determined not to cry or friek out. I did very well thank you very much. The girl that drew the blood was very good and all I felt was the initial prick.

Jane, our translator, took us to drop off a stroller to the "P's" who had just returned from Rostov with their little boy. Our apartment was just a short distance from their hotel so we stayed and had dinner with them and walked back to our apartment afterwards.

It was great to be able to sit and chat with them. Towards the end of the meal there little guy had gotten used to us and was laughing and playing and talking. "L" asked if I wanted to hold him, and of course I did! It was so funny because as soon as I took him he froze and went into the "orphanage blank stare" and it took him a bit to warm back up. Poor little guy. He is beautiful and had adjusted to them well.

Tomorrow morning we go to Rostov.

No comments: