Thursday, July 03, 2008

We are parents!!!...again.
The judge said, "Da-da" and "Da-da." Once for "I" and once for "S".

We went to court at 10am this morning and had a good court hearing. It was very nerve racking. We realized how stressed we were afterwards when we relaxed. I think I was more stressed going to court then to the medical clinic, which is weird for me.

Kelly did the talking for us in court and the only thing I had to answer was if I was ready to be a mother of 3 small children. The judge wanted to make sure I had people to help me too. Kelly did a great job answering the questions. Next the social worker and head doctors for each child spoke about the health conditions of the children and our interaction with them on our visits.

We all left the court room while the judge deliberated and when we returned she granted the adoptions and waived the 10 days so all the paperwork could be completed this next week. We will be able to bring the boys to Moscow on the 14th so we will be making a third trip.

We are now off to the airport!

8 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

YEAH! Congratulations! We are so very happy for you and can't wait for our three boys to play with your three boys! Jen - we'll have to get together and do some major power cooking before your third trip!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn and Kelly! I hope the flight goes well and you get some sleep. Call me when you get home. Beth Keown

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, Kelly, and the little ones.

Happy 4th,
Amy B.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!! Speedy, safe travels. Wishing you all the best in bringing your boys home.

Lisa in IL

Jennifer said...

Yes Tasha, we DO need to do some power cooking!

Malissa said...

Wow....3 boys! Congratulations. I am very excited for you all.

Heather Brandt said...

I'm glad that the court date went well!

heather

Melissa said...

I came across your blog while looking at another one. I recently came back from my first trip to Ekaterinburg. THere I met 4 couples who were on their second trips. I am very happy for you and your two little boys. Congrats! We just met our little boy and the wait has already been hard. I am not sure how I will last about 6 months until we go again. Any help would be much appreciated. Reading other blogs has been helpful too.