Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday May 16, 2008

Well, those plans have now been shot down. We got the call this morning that we will not be traveling until “possibly” next weekend.

This phone call came 15 minutes after I had just gone to the bank and withdrew the brand new money we have to travel with. (If there is so much as a crease or a crinkle it will lower the value.) This was also after a very stressful night last night of going over our travel instructions making sure we had everything. We misread the instructions and thought we had to have a document for this trip. As it turns out it is a document we need for trip 2. (Yes, I am rolling my eyes.)

It was loads of fun trying to explain to Kristofer as well that he did not get to spend the next several nights at Grammy and Pa’s house. He has been asking all day, “Do we get to go to Grammy and Pa’s now?” I have lost count of how many times I have had to explain that plans change and we just have to go with it. Not so easy for a 4-year-old who does not like change.

Our adoption this time around is starting to remind me of the waiting we had to do with Kristofer’s adoption in Ekaterinburg. The only difference is the order of things. Instead of waiting 14 weeks between our trips this time we are doing it before we even meet the children! Aaaaahhhh!!! So frustrating! Nothing like God STILL trying to teach me a little patience. I think I’m hard headed or something. (grin) I will say that the waiting before you meet your child is still FAR easier then waiting between trips after you have met and fallen in love this the child. So, I'll continue to wait...

1 comment:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

It's always frustrating when plans change!

And, wow - 14 weeks. How long ago did you adopt from Ekat?

We waited 10 weeks on 'any day now' status prior to trip#1 and I thought I would lose my mind! Of course, 7 months later - I had no idea how much my mind could tolerate :)

I hope you get rescheduled very soon!

cm